Water Damage Restoration, Water Extraction, Water Removal and Basement Flood Cleanup in Kirtland, OH
A Relentless Commitment to Quality Service
Call us at: 440-388-0511
Why use Disaster Recon for your water damage restoration?
- 24/7 Immediate response to emergency water damage situations
- At your home in 90 minutes or less in most cases
- We handle it from water removal and dryout all the way out to reconstruction
- We work with all insurance companies – all handled ethically and promptly
- Clean courteous and respectful of you and your property
- Family owned and operated and we understand the stress related to these situations
- We help remove contents and furniture to dry the area
- Content Restoration – inspect, sort, decontaminate, clean, pack, store and inventory contents.
- Water Extraction – powerful, portable extractor and sump pumps.
- Structural Cleaning – pressure washing, cleaning and sanitizing.
- Odor removal – Antimicrobial treatments, ozone, thermo fogging and air scrubbers.
- Drying Equipment – air movers and dehumidifiers.
- Monitoring of equipment and drying daily.
- All structural and finishing work done.
- The final inspection of all restoration work completed, and the signing of “Certificate of Completion and Satisfaction” with home owner.
Emergency Water Damage Tips
After water related damage, it is natural for a person to want to clean a building/home and contents. Timely action can be a great help. It is also true that incorrect or delayed action can jeopardize or seriously impede satisfactory restoration. The following emergency tips will be useful to you until a professional can arrive. Examine your situation and use those steps which common sense dictates.
Do’s and Dont’s of Water Damage
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping or blotting.
- Wipe as much excess water as possible from wood furniture after removal of lamps and other items.
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts as soon as possible.
- Remove and prop-up wet upholstery cushions for even drying (check for bleeding colors).
- Place Saran Wrap, china saucers or unfinished wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn on air conditioning or open windows in the summer for hot/dry conditions. Turn on dehumidifiers, bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans in winter for wet/cold conditions, to aid in drying and reduce humidity levels.
- Remove all rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Open drawers and cabinet doors for complete drying (do not force).
- Remove valuable oil paintings and art objects to a safe place.
- Blot wet carpeting with clean white towels.
- Open suitcases and boxes to dry, or place in sunlight if possible.
- Punch small holes in sagging ceilings to release trapped water (don’t forget to place pans beneath).
- Protect yourself against contact with sewer and sewage contaminated items. Wear gloves, boots, goggles, protective clothing and respirator if you absolutely have to clean or handle contaminated items. Contact your doctor if you have any adverse health problems.
- Leave wet fabrics in place – dry as soon as possible.
- Hang furs & leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Leave books and magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Use your household vacuum to remove water or wet/dry vacuum, as an electric shock may result and spread of biocontaminants (sewer).
- Consume any food that may have been left out in a sewage contaminated area.
- Turn on any airmovers that could spread any contaminants from a sewer back up.
- Use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors, especially not on concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Activate the HVAC system if it has been directly contacted by water or it might serve as a means of spreading contamination (sewer)
- Stay in building if you have respiratory problems, including allergies and asthma, are under the age of 2 or over 60, have a weakened immune system because of illness, medication or any other reason in a sewer backup situation.
Call Disaster Recon! 440-388-0511. To learn how long it will take to complete a dry out, what your deductible is and many many more questions our homeowners have had. Call us and we’ll be glad to send you our Disaster Recon Q & A Water Damage Guide immediately.
Some of the types of water damage we service include:
- leaky pipes
- broken pipes
- flood damage
- dishwasher or washing machine malfunction
- water heater leak
- sewage backup
- basement flood damage
- crawl space flooding
- flooded basement
- flooded crawl space
With over 20 years’ experience in this industry, we know that when disaster unexpectedly strikes in your home this can be a very rough time. That’s why we go above and beyond to make the process as easy as possible to restore your most precious assets as timely as possible, while trying to minimize the inconvenience on you, the homeowner, due to water or flood damage.
We work directly with your insurance company and handle all work from start to finish. We can handle the entire process from start to finish and all of our work is guaranteed.
Our Service Areas:
Servicing all of Kirtland, OH including 44024 44094.